Sunday 12 September 2010

Catching Up

At this stage last year I had done 29 races.
Up to last weekend I had done 10 this year, 11 if you include my Bob Graham Round.
So no more excuses, I am going to make up for lost time, and this was started last weekend when I went up to Hesket Newmarket for the High Pike fell race. At 7 miles and 1700ft it was all runnable and navigation was straight forward, flagged up and down, my sort of course.
PHOTO TAKEN BY PAUL DOBSON
Not a big turn out due to it been a busy weekend on the fell running scene, but the 20-30? who did turn up all had nothing but good words for the course at the end. I managed 4th position, due to the small turnout!

Sunday I ran 13 mile on the roads
Monday I feebly did a 13 mile bike ride
Tuesday I set off to run 8 hilly miles but cut it short to 5.
Wednesday recced leg 2 of the Ian Hodgson relay

On Saturday I ran in the Great Westmorland Trail Race. 7.5 mile and 1200ft  it was again all runnable.
144 folk turned out for this very well organised race and it was won by Morgan Donnelly, setting a new course record along the way. No dizzy heights for me this week though and I settled for 9th place, but more important for me it was a good speed workout (like last week too) which is something im lacking in my training at the moment. Also good to see a few Eden Runners too.

Today I ran 13miles on the road again.  Hopefully next weekend I wont be working so I can have good outing on the fells.

3 comments:

Steve said...

Nice shot of Carrock Fell

Simon Anderson said...

So what's you next race now?

Stu Stod said...

Hello again simon
Ian hodgson next for me now, unless I blag an entry for the langdale half on Saturday