Wednesday 2 September 2009

A Nice Slow Easy Fell Run. Not.

Well that was meant to be the plan as me and Steve headed out to Askham Fell tonight, but it soon turned into a nasty hard fast fell run, with a sprint finish.

Always good fun running with Steve. At the start of the year we were evenly matched, with me nicking the 1st 3 races but since June he has just got stronger and stronger and hammered me into the ground over the last few months. Two weeks ago Steve came and recced leg 2 of the bg with me on the understanding we would go at 24hr pace, things got silly and we ended up racing it in 3.16( so not the ideal person to recce with).

I thought though tonight we would take it easier, what with Steve doing the Grisedale Horseshoe and me doing Ben Nevis this weekend. Maybe it felt harder then normal with the wet ground and the head wind.

The route we ran was from Roe Head car park up to Arthurs Pike and then up to Loadpot, a run that I do more than any other . These Fells are great for training on, the route choices are endless, and the views are fantastic.
80mins 8miles

No comments: