Saturday 24 July 2010

Loadpot Fell Run

Since the Newlands road race on Wednesday night I have done nowt.
So today (Saturday) I had a run up to Loadpot, parking at Pooley Bridge, this makes the run about 10 miles and 2000ft.
Pre Bob Graham I would do this run from Roe Head car park and do it comfortably/easy in 1 hr 12 mins. Today I did it in 1hr 15mins, but instead of it feeling easy, it felt hard and I found myself having to work really hard, especially on the ups. The downs I took at a much slower pace then I normally would due to my groin still feeling tight.

When running this route I sometimes see the odd walker, but  the further on you go, the less chance you have of seeing anybody, so imagine my suprise when I was running back to the cockpit and seeing hoards of other runners coming towards me.
It turned out they were runners competing  in the Lakeland 50 mile race and ahead of them were other runners who had set off 12 hours earlier and were competing in the Lakeland 100 mile event.
This is an event that I might give a go some time, what better way of seeing Lakeland!

Tomorrow morning I am joining Steve Angus and some of his mates to do leg 1 of the Bob Graham, who have been in Keswick camping for 2 nights enjoying Steve's Stag doo ( I believe you had to sport a 1970s ponytail and sing ABBA songs to be part of the stag doo)

No comments: