Monday 7 January 2013

Last Time....

.....I mention Gilomore's Groin - I hope.

Today I visited the surgeon who operated on me on November 5th last year. He gave me the best possible news that at times I thought I would never hear........ "you can start running again"!!

So 20 months after getting injured and 16 months of no fell racing (Kettlewell Relays was the last time I wore the Eden vest),  I'm free to start nashing/plodding up tops again.

At times I thought my running was finished. I'm not the fastest or the fittest but not being able to do something you love is horrible - hence my race photography at local fell races, which allowed me to keep in touch with a great sport. My photos are not the quality of the so called pros but they are all free for anyone to download.

The annoying thing is my injury was fixed within 2 months after getting properly diagnosed - let it go stu....

I realise I still have a lot to do before I can run hard and its gonna hurt getting fit again but just to run pain free again will do for now.

See you on the tops :-)


5 comments:

Nick said...

Magnificent. Hopefully the discomfort you were still experiencing at TdeH time is subsiding with healthy exercise? You'll be flying again this year. Enjoy your build-up and simply getting out there into the fray again.

Derby Tup said...

Ace! :-)

ultra collie said...

great stuff. for a moment i thought the trig was called...

JoeFaulkner said...

Great news....enjoy , but 'train don't strain'

Bob said...

great news Stu. I will look forward to reading about your recovery. I might well see you on the tops!