Sunday 26 December 2010

Boxing Day Slog

Making the most of the holiday period with some good fell runs already in the bag..... and more to come, I hope.

Monday I went along to the local tri club and did some speed work and then had a steady run run around town afterwards.

Tuesday and Wednesday I had a did a few easy miles around town.

Thursday I ran up to Arthur's Pike, a run I had neglected for a while.
A gate.

Are my legs getting longer?
A misty Arthur s Pike.


Friday I parked at Threlkeld and ran along the railway line to Keswick, up the side of Latrigg and then followed the Cumbrian Way footpath for a bit till I cut of it to go directly up Lonscale Pike, a top that I have wanted to go up for a while now. I followed the fence line straight up and then after visiting the two cairns, ran along to the main Skiddaw path, where I then ran up to Skiddaw little man. Great views were had.
I returned to Threlkeld by running down to Latrigg and then back along the railway line.

View from Little Man

View from Lonscales.


Today, Sunday I again parked at Threlkeld but this time ran/slogged up Clough Head. Always a good work out!
Clough Head summit with Blencathra behind.
Needs no introducing....
Looking towards Keswick
On the descent I put on my Kahtoolas, something I purchased last winter, which made my descending easy, even running fast over sheets of ice!!

Nearly at the end of the year and nearly 2000 miles ran.....
A successful BGR.... a half decent time in the 3 peaks and Borrowdale...... a few top 10s in fell races..... some PBs in road running this autumn and most of all....... lots of fun!!!!!

No comments: